Albert Road is a spinal route running parallel to this stretch of the Thames, which served the substantial commercial and residential development built around the Royal Docks during the late nineteenth century. Parts of the road were either in North Woolwich, Kent, or East Ham, Essex, originally having sequences of street numbering in two directions, but all is now within the London Borough of Newham. This view shows the end house of Azoff Terrace, believed to be on the north side of Albert Road between Auberon Street, since lost to redevelopment, and Fernhill Street at numbers 25 in the numbering scheme of the day, which changed before the 1901 Census. The houses in this immediate area appear to have had more ornate features than elsewhere in Albert Road, with floral motifs in the masonry and decorative iron railings above the brick boundary wall setting the terrace back from the pavement. The windows have slatted blinds, presumably owing to their south facing aspect, and patterned net curtains. Out of view to the left stood the North Woolwich Congregational Chapel. The site is now a green corner space with a pathway leading to the Winifred Street housing cul de sac.