Front elevation 197-225 Oxford Street, Westminster, looking east from Great Portland Street. On the right, number 225, Studio One and Two cinema. Number 221-223 on the corner of Hills Place, a six-storey office and retail building with a large sign 'Alexandre', a tailors. Built in 1914, the architect A. S. R. Ley, and the contractor John Garlick Limited. Number 219 on the opposite side of Hills Place, a ground-floor branch of the chain Ratner’s Jewellers, and three floors of offices above. The building was designed by Ronald Ward and Partners in 1950 for the landlord Jack Salmon. The scheme was revised in February 1951, and includes plaques celebrating the Festival of Britain. The building is Grade II listed number 1352668. Number 215-217 an early twentieth-century building of four storeys with an elaborate roof pediment with oriel windows to the attic. On the ground floor is a Wallis women's wear shop, and J. Lyons tea room. This building was demolished in 2005, and replaced with a retail and office building. Number 197-213 a Littlewoods store the chain owned by the Moores football pools family. In 1935 architects Lewis Solomon and Son designed a steel-framed building faced with Portland stone with Crittall windows at 207-213. In 1937 Littlewoods moved into the ground floor. Post war, Littlewoods expanded and a reorganization of the whole space followed in 1951–2, followed by a bigger expansion in 1960-62 into numbers 197-205, the rebuilding overseen by Littlewoods’ in-house architects. Littlewoods closed in 2000, and the ground floor is now divided into small retail units. The street is thronged with pedestrians, a queue of traffic travelling west, and travelling east a number 2 Routemaster bus. A motorcyclist with a pillion passenger is in the foreground.