This view shows part of Ferry Road, Teddington, taken from the bend into Broom Road looking towards the end of the road and the pedestrian suspension footbridge at Teddington Lock, which serves as a popular crossing point for cyclists and walkers over to Ham Lands and the towpath between Richmond and Kingston bridges. The footbridge was designed by George Pooley and built by Goddard and Massey of Nottingham in about 1888. It was Grade II listed in 2005; listing number 1391392. To the left of view, the timber clad two-storey boathouse is also Grade II listed; listing number 1400150. Built in about 1862, it is of exceptional quality for a commercial building of this type and was once owned by James Messenger, Queen's Bargemaster from 1862-1890. Once part of Tough's Boatyard, it now serves as offices and a chandler's shop. To the right of Ferry Road is a row of mid-to-late nineteenth-century cottages at 4-14, including the Tide End Cottage public house, all of which are listed locally as buildings of townscape merit. Its pub sign carries the Watneys Red Barrel above an image of the pub. Beyond, number 12 appears to have blocked in windows, since removed and the brickwork shown for these cottages now painted in contrasting colours. A sign shows the entrance to the riverside pub garden of The Anglers, a former hotel in Broom Road, also listed locally. The corner house to the right of view with a Bentalls FOR SALE sign is 1 Broom Road, also listed locally. Several vehicles are shown parked to both sides of Ferry Road, and the cabins of some boats are just visible beyond two male pedestrians and a cyclist in the road.