Oblique view of the front elevations of numbers 9-12 Little College Street, Westminster on a wet day. Number 9 is a terrace house built c1722 with c1900 refacing to its entrance front, the front door set in a decorative carved doorcase. Lions' heads hold floral chains either side of a satyr spouting drapery swags amidst neo-classical ornament beneath a split pediment. Another satyr with curled rams' horns is looking down from the first floor window keystone. The corner of the building facing above the projecting ground floor balcony, is coved, and meets the set back terrace comprising numbers 10-12. It is overlooked by the dormers, high chimney stack and steep mansard roof of number 8, called Corner House with its front on Great Peter Street. Built by Edwin Lutyens in 1911 it forms a pair with 11 Cowley Street and is listed Grade II; entry number 1288975. The rear elevation of 9 is onto Cowley Street cul-de-sac. It presents three floors of windows and an attic, the wall supported by round patress plates holding tie rods above an area basement, surrounded by cast-iron railings. This facade contributes to the exceptionally well preserved early eighteenth century enclave in Barton, Cowley, and Lord North Streets. It is listed Grade II; entry number 1274781. Numbers 10-12 Little College Street were built c1895-1900. Their entrances are set within deep arches and they are unified by blind balustrading in front of the first floor windows. Number 10 extends back with a similar rear elevation and another entrance beside 7 Cowley Street. The first residents of these houses were all involved in the building industry as architects, surveyors, civil engineers, a builder, a granite merchant, the area being immersed in construction at the time. They have listing as Grade II; , listing number 1222204, included for interest as a group termed 'sensitive c1900 infill.' Their wrought iron railings adjoin the 1930s office block called Fielden House at 13 (previously numbered 10 Great College Street.) Now used as a Parliamentary Office owned by the House of Lords it has about 50 rooms. It was built as a Westminster base by the London, Midland & Scottish Railway and was the headquarters for the wartime Railway Executive Committee before moving to the safer Down Street underground station 'bunker' in 1939. Outside 10 is a cast-iron lamp standard from c1850 with square battered base and tulip head shaft, topped with a Rochester lantern. Listed since 1987 it is numbered G1, Grade II; entry number 1222203, and forms part of a good sequence of gas lit lamp posts in this area, still a feature. This view is largely unchanged.