43 King Street, Covent Garden. Grade II listed, listing number 1356872. A busy view of the front elevation of 'One of the best Baroque house fronts in the West End', according to Pevsner, and its neighbour, taken from outside St Paul's Church. Three storeys high, with a basement and attic storey and four giant pilasters, number 43 dates from 1716-1717, probably by Thomas Archer, for Admiral Edward Russell, Earl of Orford. Between 1891 and 1929 the building was home to the National Sporting Club, 'The Home of Modern Glove Boxing'. The house was restored in 1980, but this image shows it in 1966, with the market was in full swing, with lorries parked and being unloaded. Where the front door was originally, large metal roller shutter doors and an advert for 'Geo. Monro. (Produce) Ltd.', who were fruit and vegetable wholesalers, above it. Either side are angled lights and there is a good view of the low-hanging suspended street lighting around the market. Next door the end of a much larger sign made up of large individual letters, advertise the same company. Lorries seen include a Bedford TK from Ipswich and owned by 'Wholesale Fruit, Vegetable & Potato Merchants' and behind it the cab of a Thames Trader can be seen. Three men unload a truck with wooden crates on it and 'Fruit Delivery Service' on its tailboard. On the left other lorries can be seen, including a Commer Karrier, registration 238 GXW. The truck nearest the camera appears to have sacks of brussel sprouts waiting to be unloaded. In the end window of the third floor of number 40, is a well dressed man in a shirt, tie and waistcoat, leans on his elbow and appears to look at the camera.