Houses in Poplar High Street
Houses in Poplar High Street
More information
Houses in Poplar High Street
SC_PHL_01_293_75_208 (Collage 98980)
London Metropolitan Archives: LCC Photograph Library
Rear elevation of 106-110 Poplar High Street, Poplar, looking north. On the left is a partial view of the rear elevation of number 106. In the centre, with emergency stairs into the back yard with what looks like an outside lavatory, is the Spotted Dog public house at number 108. On the right is number 110 which is shored up with timber on the flank wall. The 1891 Kelly's Post Office Directory lists 110 Poplar High Street as the premises of William Weihe, a tailor. There is a similar outdoor toilet in the back yard along with two other single-storey sheds against the party wall and the rest of the yard is full of junk and stacks of timber. On the right of the picture, on the other side of Poplar High Street, is a partial view of a sign belonging to a metal works at 109 Poplar High Street. These buildings no longer exist and have been replaced by the modern wing of the New City College and the metal works was demolished to make way for the relocated bowling green to the east.
Copyright London Metropolitan Archives, all rights reserved. Provided for research purposes only. For commercial and other uses please contact us via support@londonpicturearchive.org.uk
London Metropolitan Archives. Please cite document title, reference and collection.