Interior of a house in Poplar High Street
Interior of a house in Poplar High Street
More information
Interior of a house in Poplar High Street
SC_PHL_01_293_72_35_129_12A (Collage 98964)
London Metropolitan Archives: LCC Photograph Library
General view of interior of side elevation of 151 Poplar High Street, Poplar, looking north-east. Thought to be a sixteenth-century, timber framed home this shows architectural detail of brick work, original timber framing, lathe and plaster walls, chimney flue and internal door opening during demolition. In the background is the flats and maisonettes of the St Matthias Estate on Smythe Street. The building was demolished in February 1972 and this is now the location of gardens in front of 1-26 Landon Walk on the St Matthias Estate. In the distance, between the Smythe Street flats, is All Saints Church with St Frideswide which was Grade II listed in 1950, listing number1240311. Also in the background is a partial view of the upper floors of the Balfron Tower, completed in 1967, which was Grade II listed in 1996, listing number1334931.
Copyright London Metropolitan Archives, all rights reserved. Provided for research purposes only. For commercial and other uses please contact us via support@londonpicturearchive.org.uk
London Metropolitan Archives. Please cite document title, reference and collection.