View of Palace Gate
View of Palace Gate
More information
View of Palace Gate
SC_PHL_01_225_75_10462 (Collage 85870)
London Metropolitan Archives: LCC Photograph Library
View of 4-8 Palace Gate, Kensington. There are three Grade II listed buildings here. 4 Palace Gate is on the right, listing number 1066005. It was built in 1873 by E. Salomons and J. P. Jones. A double-fronted house with an attic storey. It is covered in scaffolding with the sign ‘Scaffolding by Flay’ and has a flagpole over the left-hand window. 6 and 6a Palace Gate is in the middle, listing number 1357456. Built c1875 with a large stone porch with Doric columns and high chimney stacks. There is a two-door Ford parked outside. 8 Palace Gate is on the right, listing number 1066010. It was built in 1873 by J. J. Stevenson. It is very ornate and has brick decoration between the first and second floors. A similar view from the other direction can be seen on image number 85846, but without the scaffolding.
Copyright London Metropolitan Archives, all rights reserved. Provided for research purposes only. For commercial and other uses please contact us via support@londonpicturearchive.org.uk
London Metropolitan Archives. Please cite document title, reference and collection.