Springfield Villas in Park Road
Springfield Villas in Park Road
More information
Springfield Villas in Park Road
SC_PHL_01_688_72_213 (Collage 163085)
London Metropolitan Archives: LCC Photograph Library
This view shows a pair of semi-detached Victorian houses at the end of a row of similar houses known originally as Springfield Villas. They were built during the 1860s-1870 on the north-west side of the road, after Park Road in the Twickenham Park area north of Richmond Road was extended towards the Thames during the 1840s. Located in the Richmond Riverside conservation area of Richmond-upon-Thames, they are listed locally as Buildings of Townscape Merit. This view shows numbers 31-33, but part of number 29 is also visible. Also shown is a modern concrete street lamp and just visible beyond is a Wolseley 1500 parked in the driveway of number 33.
Copyright London Metropolitan Archives, all rights reserved. Provided for research purposes only. For commercial and other uses please contact us via support@londonpicturearchive.org.uk
London Metropolitan Archives. Please cite document title, reference and collection.