Park House in Park Road
Park House in Park Road
More information
Park House in Park Road
SC_PHL_01_688_69_4059 (Collage 163056)
London Metropolitan Archives: LCC Photograph Library
This view shows Park House at number 40 Park Road in the Hampton Wick conservation area of Richmond-upon-Thames. Believed to have been built by George Ferriman in 1830, and once standing in extensive grounds incorporating adjacent buildings now at numbers 40a and 40b, it served as Charles Fenner's Academy for forty years at one time having thirty pupils in residence. Much of the land was sold for redevelopment in the 1930s, notably for the flats at Park Court, but Park House remains largely unaltered, retaining its distinctive chinoiserie first floor balcony, apparently wooden rather than wrought iron, with fine pattern work and tented canopy. Park House was Grade II listed as 40 Park Road in 1983, listing number 1180634.
Copyright London Metropolitan Archives, all rights reserved. Provided for research purposes only. For commercial and other uses please contact us via support@londonpicturearchive.org.uk
London Metropolitan Archives. Please cite document title, reference and collection.