Houses in Pembroke Villas
Houses in Pembroke Villas
More information
Houses in Pembroke Villas
SC_PHL_01_688_67_8475 (Collage 163031)
London Metropolitan Archives: LCC Photograph Library
The row of ten mid-nineteenth century semi-detached houses of similar style and construction at 1-10 Pembroke Villas were built on the site of Fitzwilliam House and grounds after it was demolished in 1840. All of the villas were Grade II listed 1968, listing number 1065319, and are located to the north-west side of the green in the Richmond Green conservation area of Richmond-upon-Thames. This view favours numbers 5 and 6 in the middle of the row which have a three-storey facade giving a grander centrepiece to the ensemble in comparison to the adjacent villas, including the pair at numbers 7 and 8 to the right of view. The pilastered entrance porch and balustraded balconies, common to all of these villas, also have arched ground-floor windows and entrances, with additional ornamentation. Also in view parked in the road are an Austin Cambridge, a Fiat 1500 saloon, and an unidentified 1950s limousine.
Copyright London Metropolitan Archives, all rights reserved. Provided for research purposes only. For commercial and other uses please contact us via support@londonpicturearchive.org.uk
London Metropolitan Archives. Please cite document title, reference and collection.