Queen Anne's Lodge in Birdcage Walk
Queen Anne's Lodge in Birdcage Walk
More information
Queen Anne's Lodge in Birdcage Walk
SC_PHL_01_444_63_1279 (Collage 127537)
London Metropolitan Archives: LCC Photograph Library
View of rear elevation of Queen Anne's Lodge, Birdcage Walk, Westminster. This eighteenth-century building has two triangular pediments and a central door with classical entablature and sash windows throughout. Parthenocissus covers the wall and there is a bed of daffodils in the foreground. This lodge was attached to the site of Queen Anne's Mansions designed by the architects Henry Alers Hankey and E.R. Robson in 1870s. Queen Anne's Lodge was the only surviving part of the residential properties that formerly stood on the site and had been acquired by Jeremiah Bentham in 1770. It was requisitioned for Government Offices in World War II and later replaced by buildings for the Ministry of Justice.
Copyright London Metropolitan Archives, all rights reserved. Provided for research purposes only. For commercial and other uses please contact us via support@londonpicturearchive.org.uk
London Metropolitan Archives. Please cite document title, reference and collection.