House in Cavendish Square
House in Cavendish Square
More information
House in Cavendish Square
SC_PHL_01_302_66_606 (Collage 100545)
London Metropolitan Archives: LCC Photograph Library
Rear elevation of 11 Cavendish Square (north side), Marylebone. Together with number 14 it forms a pair of Palladian-style townhouses on each side of Dean's Mews, connected by a bridge link. They date from 1770 and are Grade II* listed; listing number 1066306. Built by a Mr Tufnell to house the Academy of the Society of Dilettanti, they served as the premises of the Roman Catholic Convent of the Holy Child Jesus from 1889 until 1969. Since 1995 numbers 11-13 has been the premises of the King's Fund.
Copyright London Metropolitan Archives, all rights reserved. Provided for research purposes only. For commercial and other uses please contact us via support@londonpicturearchive.org.uk
London Metropolitan Archives. Please cite document title, reference and collection.