Houses in Cavendish Square
Houses in Cavendish Square
More information
Houses in Cavendish Square
SC_PHL_01_302_66_2461 (Collage 100537)
London Metropolitan Archives: LCC Photograph Library
Front elevations of a pair of large Palladian-style town houses at 11-14 Cavendish Square (north side), Marylebone, linked by arched bridge at the entrance to Deans Mews. They date from 1770 and are Grade II* listed; listing number 1066306. Built by a Mr Tufnell to house the Academy of the Society of Dilettanti, they served as the premises of the Roman Catholic Roman Catholic Convent of the Holy Child Jesus from 1889 until 1969. A few pedestrians are visible.
Copyright London Metropolitan Archives, all rights reserved. Provided for research purposes only. For commercial and other uses please contact us via support@londonpicturearchive.org.uk
London Metropolitan Archives. Please cite document title, reference and collection.